Here I am, writing a blog whilst knowing full well I have to meet Freddie and Ali at school in 30 mins and also fill up the ship with petrol. However, I felt I had to agree with Mr. Jeremy Clarkson on the futility of the common cold and the scientists who should be getting their arses into gear with a creating a cure. The majority of people are telling us 'don't go outside in the cold, you'll catch your death' - but actually that's not right, the cold is spread by multiplying bacteria that use your sneezes as ejector seats to other people's noses.
Apparenly, in 1946 the British government began a thing called the common cold unit , just outside of Wiltshire, that conducted experiments to try and cure the cold until it was shut down in 1989. Howcome, we are almost on the brink of curing cancer or AIDS, yet even though in 1999 scientists had developed a way to stop these cold viruses attacking human cells in a test tube but havn't sussed out how to initiate it in the human body? I think they just got bored.
As Clarkson suggests, and I agree, they've all got tied up in the excitement of Global Warming and all the blokes with ideas for potential cures of the cold are now floating around on an ice block in the arctic trying to save the whales and polar bears.
We must stop them; as most people get colds in the winter, and it seems the winter is warming up, we must produce as much Carbon dioxide as possible to get rid of these colds. Stuff beechams and lemsip - we now have a new solution. Buy a Range Rover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment